Studia UBB. Philosophia is a double-blind peer reviewed journal devoted to promote a high level of academic research on innovative subjects and emergent topics at the crossroads of philosophy, social sciences, art and various professional practices, striving to foster a strong collaboration among senior and junior researchers from Babes-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca and from abroad. The journal is indexed in the following international data bases: EBSCO, CEEOL, IBSS, E-Journals, OLIX-OPAC, LIBRIS, LIRIAS, ESTER, CEEAS, ACNP and it is officialy acknowledged by Romanian National University Research Council (CNCSIS). Beginning with 2017, Studia UBB Philosophia has been selected for coverage in Clarivate Analytics products and services. Studia UBB Philosophia will be indexed and abstracted in Emerging Sources Citation Index.
The Philosophia series of the Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai appears in 1956, when the publication was initiated, and publishes scientific articles of Romanian and foreign experts in several subfields of philosophy (the history of philosophy, moral philosophy, ethics, political philosophy, the philosophy of culture, aesthetics, logics, the philosophy of science etc.):
– Between 1956-1957: The Bulletin of Babes University and Bolyai University. The Social Sciences Series
– Between 1958-1961: Studia Universitatis V. Babes et Bolyai. Series 3. Philosophy, Political Economy,
– Between 1962-1965: Studia Series Philosophia et Oeconomica.
– From 1966, Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai. Philosophia, half-yearly appearance.
– Since 2010, Studia UBB. Philosophia appears with three issues per year.
STUDIA PHILOSOPHIA TODAY
Ever since 2004, the editorial office of Studia UBB. Philosophia has put into practice a strategy for increasing the publication quality and its prestige, aiming at being registered in the ISI Philadelphia data base.
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDIA PHILOSOPHIA
According to the objectives of “The Strategy for Increasing the Publication Quality between 2005-2006” drawn up by the editorial office of Studia UBB. Philosophia, during the university year 2005-2006 the following activities for increasing the publication international fame were carried on:
a) measures for increasing the publication inner quality:
– enlarging the portfolio of studies and reviews, by establishing contacts with famous foreign and Romanian researchers;
– creating a series together with the Universitat Tubingen, which means the increasing of the publication quality and spreading in Germany (no. 2/2005);
– improving the editorial board work; hiring a Ph. D. candidate as editorial secretary (starting with no. 1/2005);
– realizing the declared annual frequency;
– improving the make-up and graphic quality.
b) measures for including the publication among the scientific publications and for increasing its prestige: the opening of the publication web page (March 2006).
– the undertaking of a part of the international distribution (in order to honor the order of Heidegger Gesellschaft, Tubingen);
– the renewing of the National University Research Council (NURC) evaluation file (May 2006);
– the exploring of some international data bases for future collaboration, according to the contracts that have been already concluded.