B Category, rating provided by Romania’s National Council for Scientific Research
Studia UBB. Philosophia is a double-blind peer reviewed journal devoted to promote a high level of academic research on innovative subjects and emergent topics at the crossroads of philosophy, social sciences, art and various professional practices, striving to foster a strong collaboration among senior and junior researchers from Babes-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca and from abroad. The journal is indexed in the following international data bases: EBSCO, CEEOL, IBSS, E-Journals, OLIX-OPAC, LIBRIS, LIRIAS, ESTER, CEEAS, ACNP and it is officialy acknowledged by Romanian National University Research Council (CNCSIS). Studia UBB Philosophia is indexed and abstracted in Emerging Sources Citation Index, Clarivate Analitics products and services.
Studia UBB PHILOSOPHIA is an Open Acces Journal since February, 2021.
As an Open Access journal, Studia UBB Philosophia does not charge readers or their institutions for access (read, download, copy, distribute, print for research use, search, or link to the full texts of articles).
The free pdf version of the articles can be found at http://studia.ubbcluj.ro/arhiva/arhiva_en.php.
Select series Philosophia, and then press SORT.
In order to view the table of contents of each volume, you can access the link [contents…].
To download the full pdf version of the volume, go to [full text].
To view the summary & keywords of each article and download the individual pdf file, click on each title in the table of contents.
Clicking on author name you will read the institutional affiliation, the email address and the articles published in Studia UBB Journals.
The Philosophia series of the Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai appears in 1956, when the publication was initiated, and publishes scientific articles of Romanian and foreign experts in several subfields of philosophy (the history of philosophy, moral philosophy, ethics, political philosophy, the philosophy of culture, aesthetics, logics, the philosophy of science etc.):
– Between 1956-1957: The Bulletin of Babes University and Bolyai University. The Social Sciences Series
– Between 1958-1961: Studia Universitatis V. Babes et Bolyai. Series 3. Philosophy, Political Economy,
– Between 1962-1965: Studia Series Philosophia et Oeconomica.
– From 1966, Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai. Philosophia, half-yearly appearance.
– Since 2010, Studia UBB. Philosophia appears with three issues per year.
STUDIA UBB PHILOSOPHIA TODAY
Ever since 2004, the editorial office of Studia – Philosophia series has put into practice a strategy for increasing the publication quality and its prestige, aiming at being registered in the ISI Philadelphia data base. The measures of this strategy concern the following aspects:
- Creating a dynamic editorial board, made up of young researchers with doctor’s degree of the Babes-Bolyai University, willing to get involved in the editorial team work. They will be joined by researchers from abroad, willing to get involved as well in the creation of the publication. Another measure aims at establishing a strict editorial discipline.
- Creation of an editorial staff made up of names of national and international fame.
- Adopting the peer review system (starting with no. 1/2005).
- Improving the publication graphic form (starting with no. 1/2005).
- Publishing the materials only in international languages (starting with no. 2/2005).
- Creating the publication web page (the winter of 2005).
- Increasing the cooperation with other scientific publications from abroad and entering on the market of academic specialized publications from abroad on the basis of subscriptions and orders.
TOCs of the issues published over the last 10 years (2001-2011) and abstracts&keywords of the articles published in the last four years (2008-2011) are translated in Romanian – on the Romanian website: http://studia.ubbcluj.ro/arhiva/arhiva.php and in English or other international languages – on the English website: http://studia.ubbcluj.ro/arhiva/arhiva_en.php.
The articles can be purchased online via the Central and Eastern European Online Library Germany (C.E.E.O.L.): http://www.ceeol.com
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDIA PHILOSOPHIA
According to the objectives of “The Strategy for Increasing the Publication Quality between 2005-2006” drawn up by the editorial office of Studia UBB. Philosophia, during the university year 2005-2006 the following activities for increasing the publication international fame were carried on:
a) measures for increasing the publication inner quality:
– enlarging the portfolio of studies and reviews, by establishing contacts with famous foreign and Romanian researchers;
– creating a series together with the Universitat Tubingen, which means the increasing of the publication quality and spreading in Germany (no. 2/2005);
– improving the editorial board work; hiring a Ph. D. candidate as editorial secretary (starting with no. 1/2005);
– realizing the declared annual frequency;
– improving the make-up and graphic quality.
b) measures for including the publication among the scientific publications and for increasing its prestige: the opening of the publication web page (March 2006).
– the undertaking of a part of the international distribution (in order to honor the order of Heidegger Gesellschaft, Tubingen);
– the renewing of the National University Research Council (NURC) evaluation file (May 2006);
– the exploring of some international data bases for future collaboration, according to the contracts that have been already concluded.